Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Adulthood.

To be clear, I am an adult. I am twenty-one. I have a college degree. I have an apartment, a job, and I pay the bills (except for that one time when I didn't pay my gas bill for three months and all my appliances got turned off, but we don't talk about that).

I had plans for my life after work today. I had things to do, grownup things, that were important... or something. I don't really remember. Because when I got home, this is what happened:


This was terrible for two reasons. One, I was listening to really obnoxious pop music really loudly, and my neighbors were probably clawing at their ears, asking the universe to put an end to their torment.


Two, once the euphoria that only jumping on a bed can produce had faded, I was left feeling like all my adult-y efforts had been undone. I sometimes think adulthood is like the life bar in a video game. You can deplete it by having an awesome time doing ridiculous things, and refill it by completing very boring tasks that are mostly mundane and unreasonable. I had done a huge amount of damage to my adult life points. I had to solve this problem before I had to go to work again, or I might show up in a kitten sweater and pigtails with a wild look in my eyes.




So I did all my dishes. ALL OF THEM, shedding tears all the while.



The end.





2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Adulthood bar 100%?? Sadface. :(

    But I'm sure your dishes were happy and shiny and clean. *kira kira sparkle sparkle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I ENJOYED THIS BLOG OF YOURS KIMBERLY!! MOST ENTERTAINING THING I'VE SEEN TODAY. WELL I LIED, I JUST SAW "HELLO DOLLY" FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY AND I FEEL LIKE MY INNER CLASSIC/MUSICAL SELF IS FINALLY BEING BORN TO ADULTHOOD (YES IT GREW OVER TIME). WELL AS YOU CAN SEE KIMBERLY, I AM TYPING WITH ALL CAPS COZ IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE DOING WELL THERE IN JAPAN. FYI, ITS 2:38 IN THE MORNING HERE IN CALI AND HENCE THE RANDOM COMMENT FROM ME, HAHA AND FYI I ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE SUCH AN AWESOME AND MOST UNIQUE WOMAN I'VE EVER MET IN THE FACE OF BYUI! MUCH LOVE TO YOU!- ABBY (THAT LIL ASIAN/FILIPINA GIRL FROM RIVIERA APT. 16 IN CASE YOU FORGOT)

    ReplyDelete